Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ford Focus Challenge

Ford and Daily and Associates approached four schools to develop Ford Focus Commercials in a competition this past semester. If you all don't know, I am adjunct faculty at CSUN and one of the Directors of our student operated Viscom Center - a creative agency that CSUN Art and Design students work for as part class/part internship/part experimental projects outside of their regular work load.

I wanted to share with all of you a series of our final commercials that I helped "oversee". I use the term loosely because I was involved in the concept phase and after that we let the students take charge and go with it. I threw in a bit of creative direction when needed, but there was very little I had to do except say "yes" or "no". And even when I said "no" they sometimes didn't listen.

I am very proud to be involved in this project and am very happy of what we (they) did. And whether we win or lose, it doesn't really matter. I think our commercials are excellent.

So congrats to all who participated as the group of "kids" who worked on these were a pleasure to be around and I wish them the best of luck.

Here is a link to the Ford Focus YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FordFilmChallenge

Here are our submissions:












2 comments:

Christian Campos said...

Pretty interesting. I think its cool that you were involved in the selection process of these commercials. Its one of my long term goals to actually be involved in the development of an automobile company. My lifelong goal as a little kid was to design cars or be an architect, but math kind of murdered that for me. ha ha.

Motion graphics for a car company is the next best thing. Hopefully that might put your foot in the door for something much bigger.

Im actually going to be working with MTV U in the multimedia development of the new Student Union building at CSULA. Im not sure exactly what I'll be doing yet, but Im all for it, though.

Jessie said...

I like most of them, especially, the "equalizer" one and "Your life in focus", I think these two have more commercial value.